Saturday, May 17, 2008

Too smart for the coach...

We had soccer "practice" today.  I call it practice because 4 yr olds dont play actual games, they just do drills.  Jory always corrects me, saying he doesn't need practice.

Some of the dads prefer to help out on the field with the kids.  I call them "helper dads".  They get involved with the drills and help keep the kids in line.  Others, like myself, prefer to observe and see how their child does in a team situation with an authority figure like a coach.  We'll call these "independent dads".

Jory was having a great day.  He was really following what the coach was asking, and I didn't think he even knew where I was standing.  The next drill, coach Jeff yells out "OK, kick it down there to the daddys!" and points to the "Helper dads" downfield.  Jory runs the opposite direction and kicks the ball to me.  The coach quickly corrected him and said, "No Jory!  Down there!", to which Jory responds, "But my daddy's over here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment