Friday, July 25, 2008

Take the good with the bad

Lately Jory has been quite open about his bodily functions. He will tell me just after a belch that he burped. Laugh and then tell me, "That made me laugh so hard, I cant even stop laughing." 

I was playing with his cars and tracks today. In the middle of a race we were having, he gets up and goes to the bathroom to pee. I was so proud that he did this on his own without any prompts. I was ready to praise him tremendously when he got back to what we were doing. He starts to pull up his underwear and shorts and farts. He comes running into the room laughing. Immediately he tells me, "Mommy, I farted in my hand and no poopies came out!!!"  

Wow, how do you respond to that?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Does that mean sometimes poopies do come out? Ahh the joys of bodily awareness ;)

    ReplyDelete