Monday, October 29, 2007

Yup, five on each side

Today Mira and I went to pick up Jory at school. He was his usual self and cute as always. When we got home she was sleeping soundly in her carrier so I let her be. In the meantime I attempted to give him a second lunch because he doesn’t eat the lunch served at school. As I was sitting at the table looking at a very delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I hear the kid counting to five over and over again in the living room where Mira was sleeping. I keep calling him to come eat but he tells me he is counting her fingers. He asks me to come see and I simply reply that he needs to eat his sandwich first.

Jory decided that I needed to see him count her fingers right at that moment so instead of fighting me to come in there, he dragged her whole carrier into the kitchen, baby and all. He then proceeded to show me how many fingers his sister had on each hand.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich never got eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment