Monday, March 17, 2008

What do you do when on the potty?

Ever since we got Jory to poop on the potty, it's a big event. He comes running over to me or Ryan and announces, "I have to go poopieeeeeeeeeee!!!" So one of us, typically me, runs him to a toilet, gets the kid seat on the toilet and props him up so he can do his thing. You would think a child like him would want to poop and get on with life. Nope! He likes to sit there and sit there........ and sit there. Somehow he finds a way to entertain himself. Sometimes he will use his hands, which are really his convienient toys that he calls spiders, and pretends they are on rocket ships and fly in the air. Or they are Superman and they save each other from a fire. A long piece of toilet paper becomes a snake and slithers around his body. He can get quite creative. It's also a nice little break where I know where he is and he is safe. Occasionally he will 'accidentally' drop something small into the toilet and I get the lucky job of fishing it out. Generally, he will sit there for a good 10-15 minutes. He probably would sit longer if I let him.
 
The other day he was doing his thing and I went to go check on him. As I peeked into the bathroom I find him like this but with the entire roll done and holding the brown roll in his hand. IMGP0966
I asked him in a very unhappy voice, "What happened to the toilet paper? Why did you do that?" and he answers me, "Because I need the roll for Ms Ilene {his teacher at school}. She likes it when I bring them to her in class!"

No comments:

Post a Comment