Sunday, November 25, 2007

This may pose a problem on a date

Tonight while we were eating dinner, I decided to indulge myself and feed Mira some oatmeal. She has been getting some here and there, but I haven't been very consistent with it. I make about 2 tablespoons and I give her a spoonful between my bites of dinner.  I soon noticed that between every spoonful of cereal she would get, she would immediately chase it with a mouthful of her left thumb. She wouldn't give me even a second after her spoonful so I can wipe her dribbles. Whatever didn't get into the mouth wound up getting smooshed all over her face from her thumb. I then attempted to place my feeding hand in the way of her thumb sucking hand (the left). That did stop the thumb chasers but she wanted to dive right into the bowl of cereal. The right hand was exploring the mushy stuff that somehow made its way into her mouth. That was quite a cleanup job.cereal

No comments:

Post a Comment