Tuesday, April 22, 2008

10 months ~ Happy Earth Day

Yesterday Mira turned 10 months old. She is amazingly changing all the time. She started to pull up on things and reaching for anything. Those anythings always seem to find their way into her mouth. Speaking of that, she is still a great eater. She loves to eat waffles, grilled cheese, bananas and pears. She really dives into blueberries, too. She does really well with a sippy cup with water and still going strong with the breastfeeding. She has been breaking out in strange hives so I have to be careful of all things that could trigger an allergic reaction from berries to perfumes.10 months Because its Earth Day I want to point out that Mira wears a Gdiaper about 50% of the time and it makes me feel good that about half of the diapers she wears is helping the environment and not hurting it. I would love to go 100% flushable, but with running around with Jory so much, it's very difficult for me. Here is a pic of the big brother just because I feel like adding it in. He wont let me take a good picture of him, so this will have to do. He truly is a cute boy. Honest!Jory Mira has a few new tricks up her sleeve. Daddy discovered this morning that she knows her stuff. When you say 'Bye bye' to her, she will open and close her fingers. When you say 'Yay!' she will clap and when she sees one of our three furry friends she will say 'Ca'. We all know she already says 'Mamamamamama' because when she wants something, needs something or just wants to complain thats what she says. I guess I am used to it already. I am working on 'Daddy' in recognition of Ryan. I am hoping by Fathers Day she will do it. It did take Jory until past his first birthday to say 'Momma'. When she really wants something she will flap her hands real fast and holler until she gets it. Oh, boy! She REALLY knows what she wants.It has been really nice out the past few days so after naptime, I put her in the stroller and hang out until bedtime with Jory. I try to keep her occupied and the best way is to give her a few of her favorite Goldfish. While eating them she discovered a new friend and she loves it. Our neighbor has a mixed breed mutt dog that is as sweet as can be. He seems to love Goldfish just as much as our little lady does. When he comes near her she giggles so loud yo think she will never stop. She loves to try to touch him so sharing is not a problem.LokiThis winter I went a little crazy getting some really cute summer outfits for Mira. I cant wait until I can put her in them and try them on. I honestly never thought I would be like this with my little girl, but I am. I admit, I cant wait until her hair grows longer so I can try out all different kinds of bows and hairstyles. The one problem with our little lady is that any pair of socks that she wears, they always become loaners. That right sock seems to mysteriously become a toy rather than a piece of clothing. Thanks to Aunt Jilly, I have a new obsession with  these new shoes called Pedipeds. Unfortunately they become a great teether, but at least they are harder to get off.PedipedsMira had her 10 month appointment at the doctors and she is measuring a nice and healthy 21 pounds and 14 ounces. She is 28 inches on the dot. She is quite the juicy little girl because Jory at the same age was a few ounces less than her and a good solid 2 inches taller. I just love those beautiful thighs of hers. She is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment