Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mosquitos are NOT our friend!

Today was a gorgeous day and I decided it was time to plant some of my new flowers and bulbs in the back yard. Mira was sleeping peacefully after her doctors appointment so Jory and I were onto the task. I start to dig holes in preparation for the plants and Jory was grabbing any of the rocks he can find. The bigger the better! So I am planting and he is searching for his rocks. He keeps looking into the drainpipe to the gutters where there was a ton of yucky old water. I kept telling him to stay away from it and to leave that water alone. Being that there was water in it, Jory couldn't stay away from it. I finally said firmly to stay away.
"Jory, dont touch the drainpipe."
"Why?"
"Because the water is yucky."
"Why is it yucky?"
"It can attract mosquitos."
"But I like mosquitos."
"They will come and bite you and give you bumps that itch really bad."
"But Mom, mosquitos like Jewish people. I am Jewish!"

No comments:

Post a Comment